Global Operations Officers play a critical role in supporting live operations and real-time alerting from within the Drum Cussac 24/7 Global Operations Centre located at our Head Office in Bournemouth, UK.
The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Proactive threat monitoring
- Clients’ (pre & during) travel safety
- Sourcing and writing travel security alerts
- Disseminating tactical intelligence
- Compilation of threat information
- First responder emergency / crisis response
- Over watch and coordination of journey management / executive protection / high risk location tasks
This is a part time role, routinely providing relief shift cover for 10 full time Global Operations Officers. You will be expected to work ad hoc days and nights. Hours of work will typically be 12 hours per shift. On average you can expect to do 10 full shifts a month, depending on operational commitments and cover required; this can increase or decrease but is expected to be no more than 48 hours in any week.
The role includes the following:
- Provide operational and intelligence support to live operations including emergency evacuations, crisis / incident response and journey management tasks
- Respond to security requests into the Global Operations Centre from deployed personnel, in-country travellers, clients and on-the-ground security teams
- Utilise a range of sources and software to produce timely security alerts on emerging events worldwide and to address ad hoc intelligence requests from clients
- Prepare and distribute travel security advice and risk assessments prior to or during client travel to higher-risk locations
- Proactively monitor the security situation in locations where personnel are deployed and conduct regular checks to confirm the well-being of in-country travellers
- React to major security incidents by providing immediate assistance and advice, ensuring the safety of potentially affected personnel and producing detailed situation reports for client awareness
- Ad hoc travel security-related tasks as mandated by Global Operations Managers
Part Time Global Operations Officers report directly to the Head of the Global Operations Centre.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Solutions-oriented, with a proactive approach to challenges
- Inquisitive mind
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritise tasks with competing timelines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing operational requirements
- Excellent administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong team player with ability to carry additional responsibilities calmly and professionally
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Broad geographical knowledge and an active interest in current affairs
- Post graduate degree in a related field an advantage
- Additional language skills an advantage
This is a part time position offering:
- Basic salary of £11.42 per hour
- Holiday pay accrued at 1.26 hours per 12 hour shift (paid quarterly)
- Participation in the company contributory workplace pension scheme
- Participation in the company performance-related bonus scheme
Successful applicants are ideally placed to progress to a full time Global Operations Officer position when available.
Applicants must be allowed to work in the UK and should note that formal interviews will be held in Bournemouth.
To apply for this position:
Please submit your current CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate to email@example.com